qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Flores, Paul A." <PAUL.A.FLO...@SAIC.COM>
Subject RE: Help!: Generation of a unique queue name... weird results..OR
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 13:47:01 GMT
Gordon,

So am I right in understanding that after I generate a "reply to" address I should create
a receiver so as to instantiate that queue before I send the message populated with the "reply
to" address? So the order in which a "reply to" address is utilized 'matters'?  A unique "reply
to' queue must be created by a receiver before a sender attempts to utilize that queue?

Paul

From: Gordon Sim [gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 12:06 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help!: Generation of a unique queue name... weird results..OR

On 01/04/16 21:00, Flores, Paul A. wrote:
> So here is the situation.
>

> I have a requester that is doing the following:
>
>          const char* response_queue="#response_queue; {create: always}";
>          message.setReplyTo(Address(response_queue));
>

> The responder that receives the message but when it tries
>
>     Address reply_to_address=request_message.getReplyTo();
>
>     Sender reply_sender = session.createSender(reply_to_address);
>

> I am seeing:
>
> 2016-04-01 13:41:16 [Client] warning Exception received from broker: not-found: Queue
not found: eb67d5b2-8c95-4338-9a01-f8017bbae223#response_queue (/home/pflores/shop/qpid-cpp-0.34/src/qpid/broker/QueueRegistry.cpp:127)
[caused by 9 \x08:\x01]
> Queue eb67d5b2-8c95-4338-9a01-f8017bbae223#response_queue does not exist
>

> Any insights /help/comments/suggestions?

Have a look at client.cpp in examples/messaging. You can use
receiver.getAddress() to get the actual address you are using for the
receiver on which you are waiting for replies. The queue is only created
when there is a receiver.

This communication (including any attachments) may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note
that further dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Anyone who received this message in error should notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by return email and delete it from his or her computer.