qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Flores, Paul A." <PAUL.A.FLO...@SAIC.COM>
Subject RE: Need Help!: Example of the use of Variant Type
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 14:45:23 GMT
Thanks for the example.  I was hoping for something a whole lot simpler.  It appears to be
a royal pain!

Hopefully there is a simplistic example I can implement for my client!  Anyone else?

From: Matt Broadstone [mbroadst@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 9:30 AM
To: users
Subject: Re: Need Help!: Example of the use of Variant Type

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Flores, Paul A. <PAUL.A.FLORES@saic.com>
wrote:

> Specifically I am looking at example for either how to "extract" a map
> from a Variant  (map<string,string>) or to use map.find()?
>

> Could not find example on how to use/access Variant type data.
>

> Any help is appreciated.
>

> Paul

Hey Paul,

I've got two example utilities we use for testing in our system posted on
this gist: https://gist.github.com/mbroadst/d7bfefb0589a3296ecca55f36af6b3f9.
They convert between JSON and the variant types using the qpid messaging
c++ libraries, hopefully this should give some insight into how to play
around with the variant types.

Regards,
Matt