qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Trufanow <alexandre.trufanow...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring multiple dispatchers
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:25:57 GMT
Hi,

I am setting up a test environment with dispatchers and I have a couple of
questions regarding the configuration. I am using dispatch-0.6.0-beta2.

The current architecture is two dispatchers in front of multiple brokers,
and messages can be sent or received from either dispatcher
indiscriminately.

The documentation mentions this use case but I haven't found an sample
configuration. In order to make this work, I had to do some guesswork based
on how to configure a single dispatcher, can someone confirm that I am
doing this right?

* Each dispatcher must be given a unique containerName (in type=container)
and routerId (in type=router). This is to avoid clashes on the brokers.
* There needs to be two separate listeners, one for communication with
brokers (on-demand) and one for communication with the dispatcher
(inter-router).
* On each dispatcher, a connector is created towards the other dispatcher
as well as an autoLink for each address in the way as for connecting to a
broker.

* When messages are sent to a dispatcher, I would expect to be able to
retrieve them directly from the brokers. However, It is necessary to read
the messages from a dispatcher most of the time, as they are no longer
present on the brokers. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks for your help,

Alexandre
www.murex.com