qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Trufanow <alexandre.trufanow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [QPID] Deadlock in unit tests on solaris
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 15:17:13 GMT
What I describe as "minor" fixes are adding imports or tweaking #ifdefs so
that the posix branch is taken (defined __sun instead of __unix__). There
are no changes related to locking or threads, the pthreads API is used for
this in the same way as on linux. From what I can see in the documentation,
there are no differences in the API for the calls which are made on both
systems. In particular, the mutex should be recursive in the same way as on
linux.

I also created a dummy implementation of SystemInfo::getInterfaceAddresses
and SystemInfo::getInterfaceNames based on the posix implementation
(<ifaddrs.h> is not available on my platform). Do you think this could be
related to the issue? My analysis did not show any calls to this code in
the failing test test.

For reference, the platform I am testing on is SunStudio 12.4 on Solaris
10u10. I am also using stlport4.

Thanks for your help