qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use qpid-java broker tools and perftests scripts
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 07:37:57 GMT
Ram,

If you are trying to work out the potential performance of the Java
Broker (or anything else for that matter) for your use case, then it
is best that you build something representative of your intended app,
deploy that to the target environment and use that to get numbers.
Only this will give you a sense of how the Broker will perform for
you.

Java perftests, which is not a shipped artefact of the project, is
just a tool that some of us devs use to help spot changes in the
performance of the Java Broker under certain conditions over time.
There is docbook for perftests (beneath doc/java-perftests which is
reasonable up to date) except nowadays we tend to invoke directly from
maven (exec:java) rather than using the shell scripts.  We use hill
climbing mode enabled with the defaultTests.js scripts to get a
message throughput figure under
transacted/non-transacted/persistent/non-persistent test cases.

Kind regards, Keith.