qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.2 (RC1)
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:54:02 GMT
Alex/Robbie

Thanks for spotting the missing signature. It is now fixed.
I have renamed the source artefact too.

Regarding the src bundle name, the source artefact is being
automatically created by Maven using standard configuration from the
Apache parent pom.  It takes the name of the parent module:
qpid-java-build. With hindsight the parent module should not have been
named so, but this is now moot.  We could consider a rename of the
parent artefact for v6.1, but this would create a breaking change for
users consuming the qpid-java-build pom artefact.  As Robbie points
out we could add a module dedicated to generating a src artefact with
the right name, but this feels like overkill.  I've taken the
pragmatic approach for now of tweaking the release instructions to
include the rename step.  In the medium term, when the Java Broker is
split from the (legacy) JMS clients in to separate, we can get this
right.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Releasing+Qpid+Java+Components