qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Issues related to queue marked "excl"
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 08:52:56 GMT
On 01/04/16 07:51, Toralf Lund wrote:
> On 31/03/16 16:35, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 31/03/16 15:31, Toralf Lund wrote:
>>> The reason why I assumed an exclusive *superscription* was that the
> I meant subscription, of course :-)
>>> queue is still there after the application stops. Aren't exclusive
>>> queues supposed to go way automatically?
>>
>> Only if they are also auto-delete queues.
>
> OK. I thought I saw mention of delete on close for all exclusive queues
> when searching for info, but perhaps I misunderstood, or maybe someone
> else got it wrong.

Exclusive auto-delete queues are handled slightly differently from
non-exclusive auto-delete queues. The description of that may have been
confusing.

> The queue is also there before the application first starts, which is
> another reason for my confusion. I thought flags like this was generally
> only set on creation...

Most things are. The exclusive flag is slightly different. It is like a
lock. If you declare the queue with exclusive=true, and the queue is not
currently owned exclusively by any other session, then you will set the
owner lock on it. When your session ends the lock is released (but if
the queue is not auto-deleted, the queue remains).