qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jiří Neuman <jiri.neu...@unicornsystems.eu>
Subject Re: Java Qpid client - AMQP Sequence
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:13:02 GMT
Thanks a lot for your reply. We’re not using the qpid-jms-client library, but qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms
instead as we are using Apache Camel, which uses this library and not mentioned qpid-jms-client.
Not sure if this makes any difference. We were able to asses that we should use the StreamMessage,
but there seems to be no obvious public API that we can use to easily construct such message
(in contrast to the object message). So I’m wondering if we are missing something or if
we really need to build it on our own.

S pozdravem / Best regards
Jiří Neuman
Unicorn Systems
Mobile: (+420) 724 531 690
www.unicornsystems.eu

> 12. 4. 2016 v 18:41, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>:
>
> I'm going to assume you mean the newer AMQP 1.0 JMS client
> ('qpid-jms-client' maven artifactId). If you don't, disregard the
> below.
>
> I believe the only way the client can currently send an amqp-sequence
> body is when sending a StreamMessage. There is intention to define a
> means of sending more varied payloads through use of ObjectMessage
> eventually, but that isnt something thats in place yet.
>
> Incoming messages with an amqp-sequence body will be treated as a
> SteamMessage only if annotated to indicate they are JMS stream
> messages (i.e sent by the JMS client, or somthing else annotating the
> contents are suitable), otherwise the contents of the sequence will be
> given as a List inside an ObjectMessage.
>
> Robbie
>
> On 12 April 2016 at 15:18, Jiří Neuman <jiri.neuman@unicornsystems.eu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We’re using Apache Qpid client (for AMQP 1.0) in a Java-based project and we are
looking into the use of amqp-sequence in the message body (payload). We were not able to find
a direct support for producing / consuming a message with AMQP sequence type in the Qpid library
(besides internal classes that seem to handle the translation to the wire-format). Is there
any support for this usecase that we could use or do we have to implement it ourselves? Can
you point me to any examples / references that can be helpful in building a client sending
an AMQP message with a amqp-sequence type?