qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid Dispatcher] Runtime behavior on SunOS
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 20:21:07 GMT
After checking the help of pipe, the behavior is different between Solaris
and Linux.

On Linux, pipe returns 2 file descriptors: *one *for reading and *one *for
writing.
On Solaris, pipe returns 2 file descriptors: *both *are for reading and
writing.

So in the case of Solaris, the POLLOUT is valid as there is no data to read
but the file descriptor is ready to write.

Linux pipe ref: http://linux.die.net/man/2/pipe
Solaris pipe ref:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E53394_01/html/E54765/pipe-2.html

I think the test code which calls pipe should make the fd[0] read-only to
make the test work.

PS: The *revents *for the "write file descriptor" is actually POLLOUT on
both Solaris and Linux which makes sense with the explanation I just
provided.