qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Building qpid 0.34 on Solaris
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:28:15 GMT
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 16:16 +0200, Adel Boutros wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
> We finally decided to stop trying to compile it on Solaris. We
> estimate it will take a lot of time to make it work on Solaris (To
> make the unit tests pass at least).

Adel,

That sounds very pragmatic.

In the past I have built qpidd with Solaris, if I get a little spare
time I may run up a Solaris descendant and try again.

I will very likely try with OmniOS (as that seems like the best
supported free Solaris currently) and the GNU tools. The (as was then)
Sun compilers were very much harder to get to compile qpid. This will
be x86 not sparc (I don't have access to any of those), so it may not
reflect your issues anyway.

I do have a Solaris 11 VM sitting around, but bit rot has set in (in my
memory!) and I can't remember how to start it!

Andrew