qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [QPID] Deadlock in unit tests on solaris
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 14:49:50 GMT
On Fri, 2016-04-08 at 11:58 +0200, Alexandre Trufanow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run QPID on solaris using sun studio and have managed
> to get
> the broker to compile with a few minor fixes. Unfortunately many unit
> tests
> are blocking.

Could you tell us what the "minor fixes" are? I suspect they may be
relevant to the issue.

Also it may be relevant to give a few more details about your
environment: Which Solaris version on what architecture? With exactly
which version of the compiler? In this case I doubt that will give a
whole lot more info, but in general it helps.

One potential problem that comes to mind that could cause this sort of
issue: Did you implement Mutex yourself? For some irritating reasons,
Mutex must be a recursive mutex not a regular mutex, and making it a
regular mutex will cause some parts of the code base to deadlock.

It has been a long time since I tried to compile qpid on Solaris so
that's about the limit of my memory.

Solaris is a very lightly test platform unfortunately so you may be
largely on your own.

Good luck,

Andrew