qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ./qpidd: symbol lookup error: ./qpidd: undefined symbol:
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 01:33:41 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 16:39 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > ...Further to the earlier post, please find the below pastebin
> >
> > http://sprunge.us/EfAI pastebin for ldd -d -r
> > /opt/apigee4/share/apache-qpid/sbin/qpidd
>
> I'm a little puzzled by this and by what you are attempting to do.
>
> Are you building your own qpidd to run? Are you running the system
> qpidd? If the latter why is it in /opt/...../qpidd?
>
> If you are trying to run your own qpidd in /opt/... then you need to
> tell it to find *the libraries that you compiled when you made it*
> rather than the system installed libraries.
>
> I assume that you did something like:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/..... ...
> make install
>
> In which case cmake installed the things it made it the location you
> specified but it assumes that you have set up things so that they will
> run correctly from there. In particular this means that the Shared
> library search path must include the relevant lib directory in the
> install area.
>
> From your qpidd path I guess that this might work:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/apigee4/share/apache-
> qpid/lib64 /opt/apigee4/share/apache-qpid/sbin/qpidd -v
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply and it worked when i created a qpidd.conf file inside
/etc/ld.so.conf.d and added the path
/opt/apigee4/share/apache-qpid/lib64 in qpidd.conf file and then run
ldconfig command.

Please find the steps which are as below for the benefit of everyone.

# cd  /etc/ld.so.conf.d
# touch qpidd.conf
# vim qpidd.conf
/opt/apigee4/share/apache-qpid/lib64
# ldconfig -v
# ldconfig -p to verify the links which point to the correct places
# /opt/apigee4/share/apache-qpid/sbin/qpidd -v
qpidd (qpid-cpp) version 0.28

Andrew, Thanks a lot !!!

Regards,

Kaushal