qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID dispatch and SASL.
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:12:20 GMT
On Wed, 2016-02-24 at 10:44 -0500, Alan Conway wrote:
> Don't see how SASL is different from any other Unix configuration
> file
> or library dependency. I agree a standard RPM install should use
> /etc/sasl2/qdrouterd.conf, but a /usr/local install should not.

But the library that is *depended on* specifies where it's
configuration file goes. You can install it wherever you like, but it
had better be somewhere *it* will look for it. Where you do *your*
install is irrelevant, if you want to use a library installed in your
install prefix then you can do that.

> The SASL docs (https://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-sasl/2.1.23/sysadmin.
> ph
> p) say "Applications can redefine how the SASL library looks for
> configuration information." I propose we redefine it to follow the
> same
> standard Unix file-system conventions that we use for everything
> else.

That actually makes no sense! The Unix convention is that this kind of
configuration file goes in /etc/ (At least according to the Linux FHS).

The proton application can already use pn_sasl_config_path() to tell
cyrus sasl where to look for its config files (or the environment var
mentioned earlier).

Andrew