qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is there a FindQPID.cmake / FindQpid.cmake?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 15:59:16 GMT
On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 03:24 +0000, Jeff Donner wrote:
> Hi;
>
>   I'm starting to use the C++ Qpid bindings so I presume that means I
> don't use proton, and, I want a FindQPID.cmake to run the examples.

If you are using any versions of of qpid or proton from the past few
years with a correct installation [*] you should just be able to do

find_package(Proton)

or

find_package(Qpid)

and this should work the way that find_package is documented to work.

This is because builds of Qpid and Proton create the correct cmake
configuration files in the correct place in the install area for cmake
to find them.

[*] If you are using Fedora/Red Hat packages this will work, it should
work for debian based packages too - if it doesn't then it is a
packaging error.

If you are using a home brewed build (from something like "make
install") then you will need to tell cmake about the install prefix you
used for qpid or proton for it to find the configuration files. The
easiest way to do this is to use the same CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX for your
application build as for the qpid/proton build.

HTH, if you've any other questions...

Andrew