qpid-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject A change to the site code UI
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 01:01:18 GMT
I made a usability change that impacts those who update the Qpid site code.

Previously "make render" would render once to the output/ dir (so you could
look at with your browser) and once to the docs/ dir (with its URLs ready
for publication).

Now I've isolated the publish step.  Use "make render" as before to update
output/ and see the rendered content.  Once you've iterated and you're
satisfied with the changes, run "make publish".  It renders to docs/ and
finishes by printing the svn status of your docs/ dir and reminding you
that there's one more thing to do:

  https://gist.github.com/ssorj/063434d2c2acb44b8aae

The upside is that "make render", which one typically does more frequently,
is a little faster, and "make publish" does a little more to help you see
what you need to commit.

Justin