qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Richardson ...@fourc.eu>
Subject Setting log level on running broker
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:05:14 GMT
Hi,

It would be really nice to have a command-line method for setting the log
level on a running broker (c++), as discussed here:
http://grokbase.com/t/qpid/users/11bxbmbxq3/set-log-level

The suggested solution with qpid-ctrl tool does work, but since this is, as
mentioned in the article, a test tool and also doesn't support ssl
connections, it doesn't quite fit the bill for many scenarios.

Would it be possible to add this feature to qpid-config, which already has
almost everything that's required in place? I've attached a patch to
qpid-tools-0.32 which fulfils at least my wishes - as you can see only a
handful of actual code lines.

Regards
--

*Chris Richardson*, System Architect