qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [C++ Broker] dynamically federated links
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 15:23:31 GMT
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Ted Ross <tross@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/06/2016 10:03 AM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>
>> I'm having some trouble linking two brokers together using the
>> documentation in section 1.4 (Broker Federation), and was looking for some
>> advice.
>>
>> * I currently have two brokers (192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2) which use PLAIN
>> SASL, and have appropriate ACL files allowing a user "test" access to
>> everything once authenticated.
>>
>> * I then have two previously existing (not sure if this is where the
>> problem starts, very little guiding debug information is printed) durable
>> fanout topics on each broker called `test.fanout` -- this is the "initial"
>> unfederated state.
>>
>> * At this point I run the following command on 192.168.1.2, in order to
>> dynamically federate the `test.fanout` exchange to the "leader":
>>
>> qpid-route -v dynamic add test/password@192.168.1.1:5672
>>>
>> test/password@localhost:5672 test.fanout
>>

> I wonder if you are running into problems because you used "localhost"
> instead of the real address (192.168.1.2).  Both systems think of
> themselves as localhost so there may be a collision.

Ted,
That looks like it solved the problem! Many thanks.  Might I suggest an
update to the documentation to remove all references to localhost.  Also
there is a typo in the federation docs about `qpid-route list connections`
which is a command that does not exist, rather it shouldbe `qpid-route link
list`

Cheers,
Matt