qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject spurious ABRT in qpidd
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 17:37:23 GMT
I'm having trouble tracking down the root cause of a thrown SIGABRT in
qpidd, and was wondering for some advice from the list.  Specifically, it
seems to be after a period of little to no activity, a large burst of
traffic hits the broker and the only information we're seeing in the logs
is:

Jan 11 15:58:33 test-box kernel: [  652.903997] init: qpidd main process
(2239) killed by ABRT signal
Jan 11 15:58:33 test-box kernel: [  652.911661] init: qpidd main process
ended, respawning

We're running ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) on this machine, with the packages off
the official qpid PPA. I tried running the services with trace logging
enabled to no avail (there were no strange packets, and no error messages
about bad assertions). Attaching gdb to the process also resulted in no
relevant information, so I'm running out of ideas of what to try next.
AFAICT the only `abort()` present in the codebase is in the assertion code,
which would print something about around the assertion failure.

Any thoughts on what I might try to help resolve this issue?

Regards,
Matt