qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unresolved symbols in qpidd from DEB package
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:51:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Pål Skjager Løberg <pallo@fourc.eu> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I'm on 14.04.3 LTS (trusty). Plenty of Boost packages installed:
>
> ii  libboost-atomic1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-chrono1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-date-time1.53.0:amd64
>  1.53.0-6+exp3ubuntu8
> ii  libboost-date-time1.54.0:amd64
>  1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-filesystem1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-locale1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-log1.54.0
>  1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-program-options1.54.0:amd64
>  1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-python1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-regex1.54.0:amd64
>  1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-serialization1.54.0:amd64
>  1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-system1.53.0:amd64
> 1.53.0-6+exp3ubuntu8
> ii  libboost-system1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
> ii  libboost-thread1.54.0:amd64
> 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
>
> (I excluded the -dev packages as this seems to be a runtime issue).
>
> Gcc, g++, libstdc++ etc. is 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.
>
> Libc:
>
> ii  libc6:amd64                      2.19-0ubuntu6.6       amd64
>       Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
> ii  libc6:i386                       2.19-0ubuntu6.6       i386
>      Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
>
> ... Trying to thing what else might be relevant...
>

> I have also tried building the deb from source as well (apt-get source -b
> qpidd) but that failed after a while. Could be a Gcc version issue...
>
> /home/pallo/tmp/qpid-cpp-0.34/src/qpid/broker/amqp/Connection.cpp: In
> member function ‘void qpid::broker::amqp::Connection::open()’:
> /home/pallo/tmp/qpid-cpp-0.34/src/qpid/broker/amqp/Connection.cpp:362:56:
> error: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
> [-Werror=write-strings]
>          pn_data_put_symbol(props, pn_bytes(7, "product"));
>

> Thanks,
>
>  -- Paul

Hmm, can you try the following:

  * remove all of those pacakges
  * remove all extra PPA's related to qpid
  * add this ppa:  ppa:qpid/testing
 * apt-get install qpidd

and see if that works? That would be the exact process we use, running on
trusty 14.04.3 in our images (I can verify that package works as of three
different images this morning alone).

Matt

> On 21 January 2016 at 14:00, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Pål Skjager Løberg <pallo@fourc.eu>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I have been using the packages from
> > > https://launchpad.net/~mcpierce/+archive/ubuntu/qpid-testing and
lately
> > > https://launchpad.net/~qpid/+archive/ubuntu/released on the client
side
> > > for
> > > a while. Now I need a qpidd for testing locally, but I suspect there
are
> > > some dependency issues with the qpid-cpp package as /usr/sbin/qpidd is
> > > giving me unresolved symbols:
> > >
> > >   /usr/sbin/qpidd: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/qpidd: undefined
> > symbol:

_ZN4qpid12create_valueISsEEPN5boost15program_options14value_semanticERT_RKSs

https://github.com/mbroadst/debian-qpid-cpp/blob/trusty/debian/control#L9