qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unresolved symbols in qpidd from DEB package
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:00:22 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Pål Skjager Løberg <pallo@fourc.eu> wrote:

> I have been using the packages from
> https://launchpad.net/~mcpierce/+archive/ubuntu/qpid-testing and lately
> https://launchpad.net/~qpid/+archive/ubuntu/released on the client side
> for
> a while. Now I need a qpidd for testing locally, but I suspect there are
> some dependency issues with the qpid-cpp package as /usr/sbin/qpidd is
> giving me unresolved symbols:
>
>   /usr/sbin/qpidd: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/qpidd: undefined symbol:
>
> _ZN4qpid12create_valueISsEEPN5boost15program_options14value_semanticERT_RKSs
>
> This seems to be related to libboost_program_options.so that I have in
> 1.54.0.
>
> Package: libboost-program-options1.54.0
> Version: 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
>
> What would be the correct version to use here? There should probably be a
> dependency in the DEB for this as well?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -- Paul

Hi Paul,

There actually is a dependency on that for the source package (found here:
https://github.com/mbroadst/debian-qpid-cpp/blob/trusty/debian/control#L9),
though I'm not sure it needs to be specified for the binary itself. We use
this deb package in production and it works fine without a need to modify
anything. From those systems I can see that boost program options is
installed:

$ dpkg -l | grep boost
ii  libboost-program-options1.54.0:amd64 1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1
      amd64        program options library for C++

Let's start here: what version of ubuntu are you using?

Cheers,
Matt