qpid-users mailing list archives

From jjw tectec <jjw.tec...@gmail.com>
Subject federated broker system - end-to-end messaging not working
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:17:12 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a federated broker system and testing 3 brokers so
far: B1->B2->B3. I'm not seeing messages published to B1 received by
subscriber attached to B3. However, in my tests, Pub->B1->B2->Sub and
Pub->B2->B3->Sub are both working. Below are some configuration details
that I've used. Can somebody help?

Script for creating queues/exchanges, bindings, and routes:
qpid-config -a $B1 add queue $QUEUE --durable
qpid-config -a $B2 add queue $QUEUE --durable
qpid-config -a $B2 add exchange topic $EX --durable
qpid-config -a $B3 add exchange topic $EX --durable

 qpid-config -a $B2 bind $EX $QUEUE keyX --durable

 qpid-route -v -d queue add $B2 $B1 $EX $QUEUE
 qpid-route -s -v -d queue add $B3 $B2 $EX $QUEUE
=================

In the publisher code:
address.setType("queue");
msg.setSubject("keyX");

In the subscriber code:
address.setType("topic");

==================
When doing:
  Pub -> B1 -> B2 -> B3 -> Sub
I was hoping that the message will carry "keyX" as the routing key, gets
published into B1's queue, delivered into B2's exchange, then B2 will use
"keyX" to route message into B2's queue, delivered into B3's exchange,
delivered to Sub.

But since I'm not seeing messages flow from one end to the other, looks
like B2's binding between its exchange and queue is not working the way I
wanted it to. Am I missing something?

Hope to get your help. Thanks very much,

jjw