qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HelloWorld user authentication
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:20:54 GMT
Hi Steve,

I believe you are probably looking at either a config or broker issue
of some sort. I just did the following:

- Downloaded Artemis 1.2.0 from http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/download.html
- Created a broker instance, answering the prompts to set default user
"admin" with password "password" and role "admin", and disable
anonymous logins.
- Started the broker as directed by the messages from the above.
- Ran the HelloWorld example from the QpidJMS master unaltered, which
then failed to authenticate as expected (since it was still trying
guest:guest)
- Changed HelloWorld to use admin:password, compiled and ran it again
which then succeeded in authenticating.

If you jsut did the above youd see that after it succeeded
authenticating it failed to find the required queue, as I hadnt
created it. From previous runs of the examples against Artemis I
believe what I did was connect jconsole to the broker process and
create a 'JMS queue' called "queue" on the broker using its 'JMS' ->
'Server' mbean operations. You also then need to update the queue nam
ethe client uses (by changing the code to create the Queue object, or
altering the jndi.properties file used by default) to be
"jms.queue.queue" rather than just "queue" since Artemis uses prefixes
in the address of its 'JMS queues'.

Robbie