qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Several issues with the Java Broker
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:59:40 GMT
Hello

On 17 January 2016 at 18:34, RatTac@web.de <RatTac@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having several problems with the Java broker:
>
> 1.) Reconnect functionality:
> If I specify the reconnect:True option for my connection, the client tries
> to reconnect to the broker if the connection is lost (which is correct).
> However, as soon as the broker is back online and the client would be able
> to connect, the client receives an exception "Virtual host '' is not
> active". If I start the client again it is able to connect. If using the c++
> broker instead, everything is working fine.

The Java Broker has virtual hosts. A virtual host comprises its own
independent name space: a set of exchanges, message queues, and all
associated objects.  The virtual host becomes ACTIVE once it is ready
to perform messaging, and until that time a client trying to connect
to it will be turned away with a connection close saying virtual host
not active.   The client should be configured to try again, after a
short delay.

Which AMQP client / version number are you using?   Can you turn on a
protocol trace in the client and include the details here and I will
try and help?

> 2.) Message user-Id
> Using the java broker, the client seems to be able to set any user id.
> However, the broker does not seem to reject messages with wrong user Ids
> (i.e. user-Ids != connection.getAuthenticatedUsername()). Again, the c++
> broker correctly refuses messages with invalid Ids.

The Java Broker does support message authorisation but it is off by
default (qpid.broker_msg_auth) and currently only supported by the
AMQP 0-8..0-91 protocols.  It would not be a lot of work to make the
feature protocol neutral i.e AMQP 0-10 and AMQP 1.0 too.   QPID-4356
describes the 0-10 gap.   I see if I can find time to look at this for
the quid-java-6.1 release (Q1 timeframe).