qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker - Dynamically add user
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:03:23 GMT
Hi,

Yes,  the REST API supports this.  Assuming you have HTTP basic auth
enabled and the authentication provider is called passwordFile (as it
is in the box), POST to the authentication provide like this:

curl --user admin 'http://localhost:8080/api/latest/user/passwordFile'
-X POST -d '{"name":"mynewuser1","password":"secret"}'

This will work from all authentication providers that are backed by a
local files (i.e. those implementation that implement
PasswordCredentialManagingAuthenticationProvider).  It won't work from
providers such as LDAP.

There is on-line API documentation growing beneath /apidocs

Kind regards Keith