qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java broker - set additional information on messages
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:42:12 GMT
Hi Julien,

Currently the Java Broker does not modify the message in any way - and by
the definition of AMQP 1.0 it would be "illegal" to modify the
application-properties which are defined as being immutable across the AMQP
network.  Adding to the message-properties would be legal and seems like a
useful function to add.  I'd have to think about how we would specify what
properties could be added and at what level in the model such configuration
would exist (configured per port / per virtualhost / specific user or
group, etc).  We should also add the ability to modify delivery and message
annotations via REST - I'll raise a JIRA for this.

As to simply exposing the information through REST (JMX is being removed in
the next release), that would be easier to add - I'll look at those later
this morning and if it is simple I'll make a change on trunk for this.

-- Rob