qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Several issues with the Java Broker
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:11:51 GMT
On 01/20/2016 10:48 AM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> What I get from this is that the C++ client gives up retrying when it gets
> a 320 (connection forced) reply from the broker.

Indeed, the retry gives up when it gets an explicit close rather than
the socket failing.

> As Keith mentioned earlier, the error message is basically saying "Yes, the
> broker is up... but it isn't fully configured yet", and the 320 error code
> (as defined by the AMQP 0-10 spec) says "The client may retry at some later
> date."... so if the C++ client would continue retrying on receipt of this
> error then you would establish a connection.  I guess this would require a
> C++ client change, but Gordon would be the one to know here...

As 0-10 did not define a code for authentication failure, 320 has been
used for that. It is a rather broad definition 'An operator intervened
to close the connection for some reason'. Since it would not always be
desired/appropriate to retry on receiving an explicit code, any change
would need to be configurable.

Is there a reason the broker wants to accept connections before it is
fully configured for use?