qpid-users mailing list archives

From Toralf Lund <toralf.l...@pgs.com>
Subject getTtl() behaviour (C++ messaging API)
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:19:59 GMT
Hi,

I have some questions about the value from qpid::messaging::Message::getTtl() on received
messages; based on testing, I've concluded that

  1.  The value returned represents the time that remains of the time-to-live specified by
the sender.
  2.  If no TTL was set, the value is qpid::messaging::Duration::IMMEDIATE, which is equivalent
to 0.

Is this correct? If it is, when exactly does the count-down occur? And when does the clock
stop, so as to speak? When I call fetch(), or when the message is pre-fetched by the receiver,
or at some other point? Also, can I always assume there is no real time-to-live if qpid::messaging::Duration::IMMEDIATE
is returned, or could I also get that value because the message was about to expire when it
was fetched?

Thanks,

- Toralf

[http://www.pgs.com/mediaFiles/Exclaimer%20graphics/PGS_LOGO_RGB_42x53px.jpg]<http://www.pgs.com>
      Toralf Lund
Senior Software Engineer
Imaging & Engineering | Geoscience & Engineering

Telephone: +47 67 52 64 00
Direct: +47 67 51 57 78
VOIP: 74715778
Mobile: +47 91 31 66 91
Email: toralf.lund@pgs.com<mailto:Toralf.Lund@pgs.com>

A Clearer Image | www.pgs.com<http://www.pgs.com>

[http://www.pgs.com/mediaFiles/Exclaimer%20graphics/150731-ColourWave-660x14px.jpg]

Address: Lilleakerveien 4C, 0283 Oslo, Norway
Postal Address: P.O.Box 251 Lilleaker, 0216 Oslo, Norway

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information
which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy,
print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.