qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [AMQP 1.0] Basic question on loadsharing due to high volume
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:10:10 GMT
Hi Morgan,

Your issue is one of the major drivers behind the Qpid Dispatch Router
project (http://qpid.apache.org/components/dispatch-router/index.html).
  The architectural premise behind Dispatch Router is that message
routing and message brokering/queuing are separate activities that
should be handled by separate components.

One of the key use-cases for the router is to place one or more routers
between the messaging clients and the brokers.  This provides several
scaling benefits:

  - Messages that do not require queuing may be transferred directly
    from endpoint to endpoint without passing through a broker.  This
    transfer may be multicast (all subscribers for an address receive
    one copy of every produced message) or anycast (every produced
    message is delivered to one subscriber).
  - Multiple brokers can provide queues and/or topics on the same
    address.  The router network can then distribute message traffic
    across the brokers allowing for horizontal scaling without a single
    choke point for message flow.

I'd be happy to provide more detail if you are interested.

Regards,

-Ted