qpid-users mailing list archives

From Julien Charon <Julien.Cha...@avitech.aero>
Subject AW: java broker - set additional information on messages
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:12:53 GMT
  Hi Rob,

Thank you for your feedback.

Just to satisfy my curiosity: where does the AMQP 1.0 spec define application-properties to
be immutable? Section 3.2.5 of the spec just says:
"<type name="application-properties" class="restricted" source="map" provides="section">
<descriptor name="amqp:application-properties:map" code="0x00000000:0x00000074"/>
</type>
The application-properties section is a part of the bare message used for structured application
data. Intermediaries
can use the data within this structure for the purposes of filtering or routing.
The keys of this map are restricted to be of type string (which excludes the possibility of
a null key) and the
values are restricted to be of simple types only, that is, excluding map, list, and array
types."

At what level to define such configuration is a good question. In my opinion, that highly
depends on the use case. In our case I think it would be sufficient per virtualhost or per
queue).

However, it would be really nice to such information exposed through REST, e.g. "give me the
user name of the client that sent message with message ID XYZ" or "give me the queue name
where message with message ID XYZ was published on".

Best regards,

Julien

Avitech GmbH
Engineering AxL
Tel.: +49 (0)7541/282-177
Fax: +49 (0)7541/282-199
e-mail: julien.charon@avitech.aero
Avitech GmbH
Principal Office: Bahnhofplatz 1 | 88045 Friedrichshafen | Germany
Court Registration: Amtsgericht Ulm | HRB 728293
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Antonio Maria Gonzalez Gorostiza
http://avitech.aero

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.