qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Peleg, Roni" <Roni.Pe...@arris.com>
Subject Java EventhubsProducer ServerBusyException handling
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 07:24:50 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the next Java Producer for sending messages to an Azure Event Hub:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/event-hubs-java-ephcs-getstarted/

I'm using an Eventhub with 10 partitions and 10 Throughput Units.
The producer sends 6 Million small messages (<1KB).

I sometimes see errors on the Eventhubs Dashboard counters:

*         ServerBusyErrors together with num of messages smaller than the num of messages
that I sent

*         ServerBusyErrors but with num of messages equal to the num of messages that I sent

*         Other types of errors.

The problem is that the Java Producer does not catch (or does not expose out) any exceptions
when those errors occur (or probably I fail to understand how exactly should I catch those
exceptions in code).

Could it be that maybe the producer get the ServerBusyErros, handles them by itself (re-send
policy of some sort) and does not expose all that out to me? Because that may partly explain
how come there are errors but all messages were received.

(Or, could it be that Eventhub itself successfully receives a message although it issues a
ServerBusyError?)

By the way, how accurate and reliable ar those dashboard counters?

Thanks,
Roni