qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ganesh Murthy <gmur...@redhat.com>
Subject Request to include fix for PROTON-1088 in Qpid-Proton release 0.12.0
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:51:12 GMT
Hello All,
   I have a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1088 and this fix needs to
be in Proton 0.12.0 but did not make it to the alpha release

Here are the commits (2 commits because I forgot to include the SSL stubs in the first commit)
(thanks kgiusti and astitcher)
(1) https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/463cfd7ac5b531edb10f9f022bb18228fe21b64b
(2) https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/1b3e5512fd6fbb04d50623f06c2ace6a53130f9f

If you look at the second commit, function implementations in schannel.c are just empty stubs
for now. Code still needs to be implemented on the windows side.

Can we include this fix in Proton 0.12.0 release without having the windows side of the code
implemented? I will create a new jira which mentions this so that the windows code can be
addressed before the next Proton release.

Qpid Dispatch's future release 0.6.0 needs this functionality to be in Proton 0.12.0. Also,
Dispatch does not install on Windows.

Thanks,
Ganesh.