qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Can Proton replace qpid-qmf, qpid-python, qpid-tools?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:05:45 GMT
On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 11:27 -0800, Hamza Sheikh wrote:
> Thank you Robbie, Gordon, Fraser, and Matt.
>
> I'm going to read through the sources and try my hand at a prototype.
> may not be able to make much reportable progress soon but I'll keep
> the
> list posted on any progress.

Not sure how relevant this (yet) is but qpid dispatch has a general
purpose AMQP management tool based on the emerging AMQP management
draft specification. It also has a python library designed to make
building such tools easier.

This won't help you with QMF directly but if/when you need to manage
resources that comply with the emerging AMQP management standard it
might be relevant.

QMF and the AMQP management draft are similar: both involve exchanging
AMQP messages with maps of name:value pairs. Unfortunately not
organized exactly the same way but building management clients for
either is very similar. Your main task will be mapping input to your
client (from command line parameters, json files or whatever) to and
from the correct message format.

Cheers,
Alan.