qpid-users mailing list archives

From "RatTac@web.de" <Rat...@web.de>
Subject Heartbeating - Java broker
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 11:03:11 GMT
Hi,
I'm having a problem to find out how heartbeating exactly works for the java
broker (or how to enable it).
Via the http management I configured the broker to have a "heartbeat delay"
of 5s (this was the only option I could find to somehow enable
heartbeating).

My test client connects also with heartbeat:5 in the connection options.
After connection the client perform a while(1); to simulate a client crash.

In my understanding the broker should notice after a few seconds that the
client is not sending a heartbeat back and thus the connection should be
terminated. However, this is not happening.

Am I missing something, or am I performing the wrong test-scenario to test
heartbeating?

Regards