qpid-users mailing list archives

From spruitt <steve.pru...@hp.com>
Subject Re: HelloWorld user authentication
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:25:34 GMT
Yep, I have made a cross-board mess of things.  :>)

I started out with example code provided by Artemis install for a simple
hello world queue.  I planned to investigate for qpid, but first I wanted to
simply get a simple example working.  Right off the bat, I got user
authentication exceptions.  I chased down a few wrong paths thinking the
problem mine.  I posted for some help on the Artemis board.  I am in a bit
of a rush, so I started looking at alternatives for authentication and got
what now appear to extraneous issues due to my lack of understanding.

After starting to work with qpid, I got the same authentication errors.  So
I new something basic was in play.  So I posted on the qpid board to if
anyone has experienced same problem.  I also went back and looked at the
Artemis documentation again.  The documentation says the file based security
is the default and since the user / role property files are in well-know
locations; I made the mistake on not looking further.  When I did, I
realized the bootstrap.xml file did not contain the file-based configuration
that I saw in the documentation.

So it seemed that all I needed to do was modify bootstrap with the
<basic-security> tags.  But, now I get what appear to be schema validation
errors from the parser.  I have posted this problem over on the ActiveMQ
board, but no responses yet.

What I think I need is an example bootstrap.xml file with the file-based
security defined.  Not really sure how to proceed without an example.  Its
more an Artemis documentation request, but having all the bootstrap
properties defined like they did with the broker.xml would be helpful.  That
and as always more and more examples.

Thanks.