qpid-users mailing list archives

From acartcat <Cartwright_And...@cat.com>
Subject C++ Broker Federation
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 07:58:03 GMT
I'm using C++ 0.34
C1 -> B1 -> B2 -> B3 -> C2

C1 is a simple proton sender. B1 has a route to B2 (pulled from B2), B2 has
a route to B3 (pushed from B2).  C2 is a Java JMS receiver.
This all works fine but I have a question regarding the behaviour when B2
drops it's network connection.
>From my experiments it would seem that if B2 is disconnected for less than 2
heartbeats then messages sent by C1 are pulled by B2 and pushed to B3 and
picked up by C2.  If the disconnect is longer then B2 drops any links and
when the network is back will re-establish the links but will not pull the
messages from B1 such that they never get to C2.  B1 and B2 are on the same
net, B3 is off in the cloud.

Is this how it should behave? Are there any options to support message
propagation in the case B2 is disconnected for longer periods? I have set
message TTL to 10 mins but no change.
Cheers