qpid-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Mallassi <olivier.malla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [C++ Broker][JMSSelector][AMQP 1.0] problem with JMSCorrelationID while using JMS Selector
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:37:15 GMT
not sure I got your question but I would answer : competing consumers

In fact, in AMQP 1.0,
- if I connect my consumer on a destination which is a topic, with
JMSSelector, this works but I get a subscription that I cannot share
between multiple consumers (so no load balancing). maybe it can work if I
do not use JMS but proton-j or an API that gives me access to the link
definition.
- if I connect to a queue, my JMSSelector is applied on the queue (which
fills up with the messages that do not match the selector)

on the other hand, if I do this in AMQP 0.10, this is almost straigh
forward: publish to headers exchange, bind your queues (config), then you
have competing consumers on each queues.

So, as I would like to continue using JMS as the API, I guess I was trying
to rely more on the broker capabilities to filter / route my messages. not
sure this is the good approach, btw.