qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker / AMQP 1.0 / dynamic creation of queues
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:29:20 GMT
Did you have Rob's latest commit (r1720340) from a few hours ago? It
seems some other changes had impacted on the brokers AMQP 1.0 support
on trunk. I havent tried it against the current trunk, but I did run
that example against the recent 6.0.0 release earlier while testing
something else and it was happy then.

Robbie

On 16 December 2015 at 14:24, Julien Charon <Julien.Charon@avitech.aero> wrote:
>   Hi Rob,
>

> Thank you very much for the implementation. I just tested it with a very similar configuration
as described in QPID-6954 (merely modified the pattern) and it seems to work pretty well.
> However, I noticed 2 things:
> 1. After a broker restart, an automatically created queue has disappeared, no matter
whether the nodeAutoCreationPolicies configuration is defined as durable or not. When I create
a durable queue manually with the web management interface I can directly see it in the json
configuration. This is not the case for automatically created ones. Maybe there's a store
operation missing or something like that?
> 2. I'm not sure if this is related to the change you've made, I doubt it to be honest
but I'd like to mention it anyway. I used to test / play with the java broker with the help
of the qpid-jms-examples (https://github.com/apache/qpid-jms/tree/master/qpid-jms-examples)
HelloWorld class which is very similar to the Hello class in the qpid-client-examples that
can be found on SVN. However, while the example used to work fine with the java broker 0.32,
I now get a ClassCastException because the consumer receives a javax.jms.BytesMessage (with
no content) instead of a javax.jms.TextMessage.

> Best regards,
>
> Julien
>
> Avitech GmbH
> Engineering AxL
> Tel.: +49 (0)7541/282-177
> Fax: +49 (0)7541/282-199
> e-mail: julien.charon@avitech.aero
> Avitech GmbH
> Principal Office: Bahnhofplatz 1 | 88045 Friedrichshafen | Germany
> Court Registration: Amtsgericht Ulm | HRB 728293
> Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Antonio Maria Gonzalez Gorostiza
> http://avitech.aero
>
> This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Java Broker.  The details are in QPID-6954 ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6954),
and the code is committed against the trunk in the subversion repo ( https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/java/trunk/).

> It allows for creating queues or exchanges on the publishing of a message (or the establishment
of an incoming link to an address), and the creating of queues (but not currently exchanges)
on the establishment of an outgoing link (a consumer) for an address.  There is no way to
auto-create bindings currently.