qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: End to end encryption? (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Qpid Java Components 6.0.0 released)
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 20:39:20 GMT
On 9 December 2015 at 21:35, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2015 08:06 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> I'm aiming to get the user docs done before I go on vacation next week,
>> but
>> if there is anything else you want to know, please let me know.
>>

> Very helpful explanation, thanks! Is it just the body that is encrypted or
> are the original headers also encrypted?

Body and headers, though you can set another pseudo property in JMS to
indicate headers which you want to be exposed to the broker (for routing).
Such headers are duplicated into the unencoded headers, other application
headers are removed.

> I agree it would be nice to do this for AMQP 1.0 (signing also).

Yep - we started a little work on this years ago, but I think it'd be good
if we in the Qpid community started to work on something, prove that it
works interoperably then push it through OASIS.

-- Rob