qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker / AMQP 1.0 / dynamic creation of queues
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 18:27:01 GMT
As Olivier states, there's currently no (AMQP) standard way of doing it.
Early in the new year I hope to get back to implementing the latest draft
of the AMQP management spec in the Java Broker, in practice this will look
very much like exposing the same API as REST except rather than making HTTP
calls and receiving responses, you'll be sending messages ad receiving
replies over standard AMQP links on AMQP sessions on AMQP connections.

The other approach (which I believe is available in the C++ broker) is to
define some namespace / pattern for which queues of some kind are
automagically created when referenced.  We could implement something
similar in the Java Broker, though there's a lot of configuration that goes
along with a queue, and I'm not sure of the best way of specifying what
*sort* of queue should be created.

Finally, getting back to your use case  you say you want a queue "for some
publish/subscribe scenario"... so are you really talking about a FIFO
queue, or a more topic like entity?  What sort of durability requirements
do you have here... if there are no consumers on your "topic" are you
expecting the messages to be retained or dropped...

-- Rob