qpid-users mailing list archives

From Mark Soderquist <Soderquis...@ldschurch.org>
Subject What Qpid AMQP 1.0 client to use?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:59:46 GMT
Over the months I have found at least four Qpid client libraries that could be used to implement
a Java AMQP 1.0 client. My challenge is knowing what I should use. I'm not sure what clients
will be supported and some of them I have yet to get to work. I will list the libraries by
their Maven artifact id:

qpid-jms-client: Found easily on the Qpid web site. I have been able to send, but not receive
messages.

proton-j: Looks great. API looks simple. I have never been able to send or receive messages.

qpid-amqp-1-0-client: This is the library I have used for non-JMS implementations. I have
been able to both send and receive messages. It performs well but appears to not be supported
after version 0.32.

qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms: This is the library I have used for JMS implementations. I have
been able to both send and receive messages. It performs well but appears to not be supported
after version 0.32.

I'm just trying to understand what works today and what direction Qpid client development
is going. I don't want to be using something that doesn't work but I also don't want to use
something that is deprecated.

---
Mark Soderquist
Engineering Manager | Enterprise Integration
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
mark.soderquist@ldschurch.org<mailto:mark.soderquist@ldschurch.org>
801-240-9288