qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [C++ Broker][JMSSelector][AMQP 1.0] problem with JMSCorrelationID while using JMS Selector
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 09:39:41 GMT
On 12/22/2015 09:22 AM, Olivier Mallassi wrote:
> by the way, wen I consume from a node that is a topic, the JMS / AMQP 1.0
> creates a queue with an uniqueID for each receiver (e.g.
> MyComponent_qpid-jms:receiver:ID::3008640b-8ac6-4c87-9485-6156773c79b7:1:1:1:payments)

Actually that queue is created on the broker side. The name comes from
the container id and link name.

> - is there a way to auto-delete this "queue" when the consumer JVM shut
> down?

It should be auto-deleted by default, unless the client requests
otherwise. Is it a durable subscription on the topic that you created?

> - is there a way to share this "queue" between multiple consumers so that
> they can compete each other?

At the AMQP protocol level, all receiving links that  request a 'shared'
capability on the link and use the same link name (from the same topic
obviously) will share the subscription (i.e. the messages from that
subscription will be distributed between them). (This is not a standard
capability).

I'm not sure if the JMS client will allow you to set the capabilities
though (Robbie?). At some point the JMS client will support JMS 2.0
which includes the notion of shared subscriptions and as part of that a
standard approach at the protocol level will hopefully emerge.