qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java broker / AMQP 1.0 / dynamic creation of queues
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:25:54 GMT
On 12/14/2015 06:27 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> The other approach (which I believe is available in the C++ broker) is to
> define some namespace / pattern for which queues of some kind are
> automagically created when referenced.  We could implement something
> similar in the Java Broker, though there's a lot of configuration that goes
> along with a queue, and I'm not sure of the best way of specifying what
> *sort*  of queue should be created.

The way the c++ broker does this is that it allows 'policies' to be
associated with some naming pattern. The policy can include various
aspects of the queue configuration (e.g. maximum depth, durability,
last-value semantics etc) that are then applied to any queue created as
a result of matching that naming pattern.