qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Autodelete queues not deleted
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 10:13:39 GMT
On 11/03/2015 09:40 PM, Michael Ivanov wrote:
> Sorry, I just went through qpid-config options, qpidd options and I did not find
> how one can configure policy for a queue name pattern. Where can I find this information?

There is some information in the AMQP_1.0 notes alongside the source[1].
So e.g. you would do:

     qpid-config add QueuePolicy tempq \
        --argument qpid.lifetime-policy=delete-on-close

*However*, I have to apologise now, because I just tried this and it
doesn't at present allow delete-on-close as an option in that context
(it only accepts it in the dynamic-node-properties). That is easy enough
to change and a patch is attached (I can commit this if it is likely to
be of use). It won't work against 0.34 (unless patched) though, sorry
for the misinformation.

The only other workaround I can think of at present would be to have a
cleaner process that periodically checked for queues with no consumers
and deleted them explicitly.

To my way of thinking, having messenger keep a growing number of links
open though they will never again be used, is not ideal. Fixing that in
messenger, though in some ways the ideal solution, is likely to be a
little involved.

I'm planning to add support for so called 'ANONYMOUS-RELAY' to qpidd.
This would allow creating a single sender link with no target, and
having qpidd route the messages based on the to field in the properties.
You would then configure messenger to use this for the specified
addresses (not 100% sure how to do that, but I believe it is possible).
This would mean that there was no active link to the queues themselves,
allowing them to be deleted when the receiver closes. It would also mean
you wouldn't have the growing set of links in the 'R' process. I'd hope
to have this completed this week, or early next week at latest.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/AMQP_1.0