qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [python] toggle for sasl layer in proton.reactor.Container
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 19:07:19 GMT
On 09/29/2015 11:03 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 09/29/2015 11:02 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> I am proposing a change to the way the SASL layer is controlled in the
>> proton.reactor.Container utility for python. Specifically that SASL will
>> be on by default, but can be turned off at the container- or connection-
>> level via a simple boolean flag. I've called the flag 'sasl_layer' as
>> the proton based JMS client has a similar toggle with that name.
>>
>> If anyone has thoughts or objections, please feel free to air them.
>
> Sorry! Forgot to add the link to the proposed change:
>
>   https://reviews.apache.org/r/38863/

Following some review and feedback, I have checked in a change for this.
This means that when running the direct examples on a cyrus-sasl enabled
build you will need to have a valid config in the form of a file named
proton-server.conf. You can specify the directory that conf file is in
using the PN_SASL_CONFIG_PATH env var. In the simplest case you can just
have a file with:

mech_list: EXTERNAL ANONYMOUS