qpid-users mailing list archives

From Erik Aschenbrenner <easch...@icubic.de>
Subject Re: Qpid JMS - Idle timeout / inactivity handling
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:05:23 GMT
As I can see in the Qpid JMS frame log, the empty frames are send when no
other messages are send for some time:

The interval of the hearbeat messages seems to be something around 7 seconds
in my case when looking in the log file. I guess that is the interval that
is defined by the broker? But sometimes it takes longer that a heartbeat is
send when a "normal" message was sent before. At 17:20:36 I could even
notice that for about 37 seconds no hearbeat (empty frame) was sent and
therefore the connection was closed by the broker with an
"local-idle-timeout expired" error.

Any ideas why no empty frame was sent before the "local-idle-timeout
expired" error occured?

Why does it take more time that an empty frame is send after a "normal"
message than that empty frame send after another empty frame?

Regards,
Erik