qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to make Qpid broker persistent?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 08:12:37 GMT
On 09/03/2015 09:54 PM, jjw tectec wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Thanks so much for your help. I think I got this to work partially now.
> The Linear Store inside the broker seems to be working, because I see the
> below messages:
> 2015-09-03 15:39:58 [Store] info Linear Store: Most recent persistence id
> found: 0x0
> 2015-09-03 15:39:58 [Store] info Linear Store: Recovered exchange
> "topic.xxx"
>
> However, if I create a durable exchange and send durable messages to it,
> and then shutdown the broker, and restart the broker. The broker did not
> retain those messages. Please see the commands and queue statistics below.
> What did I do wrong?

Exchanges don't store messages, they merely route them to any matching
bound queues. It is queues which store the messages.

So e.g. if you do:

qpid-config -a localhost:5672 --durable add queue my-queue

and then sent the message to that instead of the exchange, you should
see a message in the queue before and after restart (qpid-stat -q).

If you want to keep the publisher sending to an exchange, you can bind a
queue to that exchange. This is done automatically if you create a
receiver from the exchange, but by default the subscription queue would
not be durable. For a durable subscription you would specify "topic.xxx;
{link:{name:my-sub,durable:True}}".