qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: windows 10 build - vs2015
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:15:03 GMT
On Sat, 2015-08-29 at 15:46 +0000, Ivan Judson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm continuing my investigation of building on w10 and vs15. I've
> followed the instructions with cmake here:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;a=blob_plai
> n;f=INSTALL.md;hb=0.10
>
> and at this point:
>
> Build and install from a command prompt (using msbuild)
>     > cmake --build . --target install --config RelWithDebInfo
>
> I get this error:
>
> -- Installing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Proton/share/java/proton-j
> -0.10.jar
>   CMake Error at proton-j/cmake_install.cmake:31 (file):
>     file INSTALL cannot find
>     "C:/dev/qpid-proton-0.10/build/proton-j/proton-j.jar".
>   Call Stack (most recent call first):
>     cmake_install.cmake:44 (include)

This is a known problem (I'm actually not sure it has a JIRA report
though) you currently can't "make install" Proton-J on windows. You can
build it successfully though.

The cause is that the Unix build creates proton-j.jar and symlinks it
to proton-j-0.10.jar (or perhaps its the other way round I don't
recall) however symlinks aren't supported (to a first approximation
anyway) on Windows so both names aren't there for the install process
to use.

If you don't care about Proton-J on Windows then just add
"-DBUILD_JAVA=NO" to the cmake command line and Proton-J won't get
built or attempt to be installed.

As an aside you can look at the appveyer.yml file in proton to see how
we build it on the Appveyor CI machine we use.

Andrew