qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Using Qpid Dispatch (with C++ broker)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:15:15 GMT
I spent some time playing with Qpid Dispatch (0.4) in combination with Qpid
C++ broker. I was impressed about what it does already. Big +1 to everyone
involved.

I still run into some issues / limitations / questions ... maybe someone
can help with them ...

1) Is there some technical reason why the linkRoutePattern isn't allowed to
contain any periods (well, apart the one at the end) and why it has to end
with a period? In my use case, almost every address name contains several
periods in it and in many cases the important part in the address is only
after the last period. So it would be very useful to be able to use
multiple periods in the linkRoutePattern prefix and to be not required to
end the prefix with a period.

2) The Listener allows to configure the certDB and trustedCert parameters.
I thought that one is for CAs and one is for self signed certificates. But
it doesn't seem to be that easy. Can someone explain how are they supposed
to work?

3) In the configuration file, what is the relation between "router",
"container", "listener" and "connector"? Is there some kind of hierarchy
between them? It almost seems that "router" and "container" are entities
which always apply to the whole Dispatch process and can be used only once.
Is that correct?

4) The DISPATCH-58 issue seems to be quite annoying - are there any plans
to fix it?

Thanks & Regards
JAkub