qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rejected disposition state
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:17:30 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just ran into an issue with disposition states while writing a qpid
>> integration test for node-amqp10. I'm explicitly sending a disposition with
>> a "Rejected" state to qpidd, but qpidd is responding with an "Accepted"
>> state (this has been verified with wireshark to be what's happening).
>>
>> I very well could have an error with how I'm setting up my
>> sender/receiver links on the client side (receiver-settle-mode is "settle
>> on disposition", sender-settle-mode is "mixed" or "unsettled"), but wanted
>> to reach out to see if there was an existing issue with this. I'm still
>> using qpidd 0.32 as we have yet to make the 0.34 ubuntu packages.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Matt
>>

> It does appear from the logs that qpidd is automatically settling the
> message immediately, before my receiver link even sends a disposition. What
> are the correct link attach settings to disable this behavior then?
>
> Matt

Ah, I think there is some confusion on my part here. The disposition in
this case is meant to be between sender+qpid, and receiver+qpid, not
between the sender and receiver. I think I was trying to achieve something
like rabbitmq has with "publisher acknowledgements" or "confirms".  Are
transactions the only way to solve this problem with qpid?

Matt