qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.10 (RC2)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:45:20 GMT
On 10 August 2015 at 19:34, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have put up a second cut for 0.10, please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> This fixes a crash (PROTON-976) reported against the previous spin,
> and adds a known issue (PROTON-975) of possible failure using the
> DIGEST-MD5 mechanism against non-proton servers.
>
> The release archive and sig/checksums can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.10-rc2/
>
> Maven artifacts for the Java bits can be found in a temporary staging repo at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1041
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

Making my +1 explicit.

I gave things a kick of the tyres as follows:
- Verified checksums ok.
- Checked LICENCE and NOTICE present and look ok.
- Ran the build and tests via Maven.
- Ran the build/tests/install via CMake.
- Built qpid-cpp 0.34 against the above install.
- Ran the JMS client build+tests from master against the staging repo.
- Ran the JMS client HelloWorld example against the earlier built 0.34
cpp broker.
- Ran the ActiveMQ build + amqp tests from master using the staging repo.
- Ran the python simple_send.py and simple_recv.py examples (via the
CMake built proton-c) against the 0.34 broker, using the ANONYMOUS,
PLAIN (without

SSL), and SCRAM-SHA-1 SASL mechansims.
- Used "python setup.py build install" to build python bindings and
proton-c via python (2.7) and used simple_send_recv with that.

Robbie